Published on November 12th, 2018 | by Clare Louise0
Basic Poker Rules And Getting To Know Your Cards!
If you love poker, then you know that this is a game of chance. But when you introduce the concept of betting, you need to have the skill in order to win this is why you need to know cara bermain poker or how to play poker. This is one of the most basic primers when it comes to the rules of poker. Before putting in some money on poker, it is important that you know the rules, even the basic ones about poker.
What Are The Basics?
Poker game starts with a standard pack of 52 cards. The cards will be ranked from high to low – Ace, King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Ace. If you have noticed Ace can be both high and low but usually, it is high. There are also four suits that you have to know of; Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, and Clubs. You must remember that in poker, no suit is higher than another. All of the poker hands have five cards and the one that has the highest hand wins.
All About Hands And Wild Cards
Poker game will also have Wild Cards that can take on any suit and rank. Sometimes, Jokers will be used as wildcards and other times, the game will specify which cards will be considered “wild” like the Dueces, One-eyed Jacks, and so on.
Hands will be ranked from high to low:
- Five of a Kind. Only possible when using wildcards and this is the highest hand possible. If say more than one hand has five of a kind, then the higher card wins.
- Flush. This is the best natural hand. For example, a straight flush is 5 cards in order like 5,6,7,8,9 or it can be low like 5,4,3,2,1. In a regular straight, on the other hand, you can have an ace either high or low. Remember that a ‘straight’ may not wraparound. The highest straight flush would be the Royal Flush.
- Four of a Kind. This is simply four cards that are of the same rank. If there are two or more hands that would qualify, then the hand with the higher-rank four of a kind will be declared the winner. As a rule, take note that when hands tie on the rank of a pair, three of a kind, or others, the cards outside will break ties following the High Card rules.
- Full House. This is when you have a three of a kind and a pair like Q, Q, Q,3,3. Any ties will be broken by the three of a kind, then pair. The three of a kind can only be similar if there are wild cards used.
- Flush. This is a hand where all of the cards are of the same suit. When this ties, always follow the High Card rules.
- Straight. This is a 5-card hand in order. However, this may not wraparound. When it ties, the highest straight would win. If in case two straights have the same value, both of them will split the pot.
- Three of a Kind. This is three cards of any ranked that are matched with two cards that are not in a pair. The highest three of a kind wins and if both are the same rank, you should compare the High Cards.
- Two Pair. This is two distinct pairs of card alongside a 5th card. Like the other hands, the highest pair wins and if both have the same high pair, then the second pair wins. If say both have the same pairs, then the high card wins.
- This is one pair with the three distinct cards and the higher card breaks the tie.
- High Card. This is any hand that does not qualify as the hands mentioned above. If no one has a pair or better hand, then the highest card wins. If for example a couple of players tied for the highest card, look at the second highest, then the third, and so on. The high card can also be used to break ties when the hands have the same type of hand.
Poker is not as complicated as you think it should be. As long as you know the basics, then you are off to a great start!